THE CHANTRY SCHOOL PARENT FORUM
The parent forum will aim to…
- establish effective school-to-home and home-to-school communication,
- represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families, with a particular focus on supporting, promoting and improving children’s learning,
- support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children,
- facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors and will help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues and actively involve them in school decisions,
- provide feedback on provision, offer a parent’s perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
NB: The forum is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher, Head of Department or the Deputy/Headteacher.
Termly : one in the daytime, one after school and one prior to a Friends meeting. They will last approximately 1 hour.
Anyone who wishes to attend
Relevant staff where there is an item on the agenda.
The agenda will be determined prior to the meeting through:
- Items identified by the governing body and leadership team for discussion
- Items identified by parents and carers for discussion
- Minutes will be circulated to those in attendance and published on the school website
Minutes of Parent Forum 30th January 2018
Parent Forum Action Points 8th May 2018